12 Easy home remedies for chapped lips
- Home cures for chapped lips
- 1. use coconut oil to moisturize chapped lips
- 2. almond oil to treat chapped lips
- 3. use honey for chapped lips
- 4. home made almond oil-honey lip balm
- 5. make olive oil-coconut oil lip balm
- 6. sea salt scrub for chapped lips
- 7. mango butter for softening chapped lips
- 8. aloe vera gel for chapped lips
- 9. rose hip seed oil for chapped lips
- 10. sugar scrub for chapped lips
- 1st method to produce sugar scrub for chapped lips: honey-sugar-scrub
- 2nd method to produce sugar scrub for chapped lips: olive oil-honey-sugar-scrub
- 11. rose petals treatment for chapped lips
- 1st method to make use of rose petals for chapped lips: milk-rose lip mask
- 2nd method to make use of rose petals for chapped lips: honey-rose lip mask
- 12. apply mustard oil to navel – ayurvedic treatment for chapped lips
The protective layer on your skin of your lips is not much too thicker in relation to the skin of your face. It's just three to five cellular layers whereas the skin of your face has up to 16 layers! This makes your lips prone to moisture reduction in a big way. Not only this, there isn't any sweat glands overly in your lips. Your lips never sweat in case you presume for some time! Additionally there's absolutely no hair on lips therefore no hair follicle that may secret sebum or oil to maintain your lips hydrated and moist. Chapped and occasionally weather overly leads in making your lips dried such as winter months that lack humidity in air. Your lips are dangerous even to sun rays making it drier by sucking whatever moisture it's. Occasionally you unknowingly or intentionally lick your lips in rendering it dry if each of the aforementioned causes for chapped lips are not enough, as well as the spit of your mouth leads! So, things to do? You must offer additional wetness to them, because your lips cannot stay damp themselves. These home remedies for chapped lips are meant just for this, to let you know what all chubby and can give moisture to your own lips to ensure they stay wet!
Home Cures for Chapped Lips
1. Use Coconut Oil to Moisturize Chapped Lips
Coconut oil has these exclusive medium chain fatty acids which can be readily absorbed by your skin, including lips. This oil is a wonderful emollient which softens your lips and keep them moisturized for longer intervals. What's additionally significant is the fact that coconut oil contains antioxidants and vitamin E that go quite a distance to provide you with hydrated lips that are healthy.
The best way to Make Use Of Coconut Oil for Chapped Lips?
Rub it lightly over your lips once you sense them going dry and you should just get several globules of coconut oil. Before yo go to sleep during the nighttime, additionally utilize this oil often.
2. Almond Oil to Treat Chapped Lips
Almond oil, expressed from seeds that were almond, is loaded with B vitamins and protein, vitamin E as well as healthy fats and vital minerals. The riboflavin (vitamin B2) in this oil can increase the aptitude retain moisture wherever you apply it – skin or lips. In addition, it safeguards your lips. Above all, almond oil has emollient properties that soften and rejuvenate your lips. A day as with other oils, you simply need to apply few drops of almond oil to your own chapped lips many times.
3. Use Honey for Chapped Lips
Honey is an all-natural humectant that is effective at keeping and attracting moisture. There are specific amino acids in honey which help keep moisture. Mild wounds on the lips usually accompany chapped lips. Honey is the treatment for you personally, if thats the case together with your lips. The enzyme glucose oxidase is there in uncooked honey which, when combined with water, generates hydrogen peroxide. This is a light antiseptic that may treat wounds and superficial cuts. Honey can also be an excellent natural exfoliant because of the existence of numerous organic acids. It could so get you rid of cells that are dead to provide you smooth soft lips. You have to apply some honey every day to your own chapped lips. But in the event that the sticky sweetness in your lips cant stand all try other treatments like creating a lip balm, of course using honey as among its ingredients, which will be our next treatment for chapped lips. By doing this, you dont need to put honey in raw type above your lips.
4. Home Made Almond Oil-Honey Lip Balm
When almond honey and oil, both are not so bad to eliminate chapped lips, why don't you make use of them to make an all natural lip balm in the house! That is also user friendly in the event you dont enjoy the greasy feeling in your lips as well as the tacky lips as a result of honey and simple to make. Beeswax gives it the look and feel of some lip balm that is commercial.
- Hefty established stainless steel saucepan or double boiler
- Jar or container with lid
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Beeswax – 1/2 cup
- Sweet almond oil – 1 cup
- Turn on heat and set the pan over it. Keep heat. You may even use double boiler to melt the beeswax blended with almond oil.
- Use a small quantity of the lip balm through out the day to remove dry chapped lips.
- Set the almond oil in the stainless steel as well as beeswax pan!
- You could even make use of the old lip balm stick containers to keep this balm.
- Whisk in the honey when it fully melts down. Stir to combine them completely.
- Allow it to cool down completely before you keep this home made lip balm in a container.
- Keep on while the wax gets melted, stirring using a wooden spoon or whisk.
5. Make Olive Oil-Coconut Oil Lip Balm
Olive oil contains healthy fats that will moisturize skin along with your lips perfectly. Additionally it is rich in Vitamin E, yet another great nutrient for skin. Because of its antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties, olive oil makes an excellent fix for the chapped lips. It's possible for you to allow it to be even more powerful with the addition of honey and coconut oil to provide you with an exceptional all natural lip balm.
- Honey – 3/4 teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 1tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Combine coconut and olive oil
- Keep it in a container that is little and apply to your own lips every day.
- This makes enough amount to offer your entire days needed lip balm to you.
- Wake well.
[ Read: How to Lighten Dark Lips ]
6. Sea Salt Scrub for Chapped Lips
When your dry lips start to snap, it becomes flaky which is bad to find out and sense! Accordingly, along together with your skin, you should exfoliate your lips also. It creates so that you might get soft smooth lips that lie underneath your outside lip skin the dead skin fall off. It's always more advantageous to make use of a lip scrub while you always have the option to rub your lips using a dampened soft cloth or soft brush. When you purchase commercially accessible lip balms, they come with substances along with similar agents like phenol and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). Thats why, it is best to use natural ingredients to create a lip scrub. Sea salt is one fixing whose trace minerals help treat and soothe your skin that is inflamed having rashes and itching or when its oozing. Since your chapped lips dehydrated itching skin and really want fixing due to any or all cracks, sea salt scrub is an excellent option for you personally.
The best way to Create Sea Salt Scrub for Chapped Lips?
- Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt – 1 teaspoon
- Now rub against your lips with your fingers softly!
- Try this for about one minute or a bit more till you feel your lips for a softness. As sea salt has drying effect also dont overdo. By giving wetness in once, nevertheless, coconut oil protects its own drying effect.
- Dab on some of the mixture on to your own chapped lips.
- Combine sea salt with coconut oil.
- Wash your lips off and pat it dry.
- After scrubbing, you might want to apply some moisturizer. Use ones that are natural should you enjoy that. Any oil or shea butter that is even, mango butter or coco butter, will do.
7. Mango Butter for Softening Chapped Lips
In case you step out to get lip balms, youll find many great ones having mango oil or mango butter as their primary ingredient. That is particularly the unique fatty acids mixture of mango butter, all for good motives and its own nutrients like vitamin A, and E in addition to the antioxidants. The soft mango butter is extracted from mango kernels and can be used widely in making skincare, soaps, and hair care products. When mango butter touch, you feel it but it differs in its fatty acid contents that make it an exceptional emollient. The fats that mango butter features are composed mainly of stearic and oleic acids that are triglycerides. Human sebum is mainly composed of triglycerides. Stearic and oleic acids are hydrophilic and hydrophobic, thereby attracting and repelling water in once. Hydrophilic means the one which consumes water and hydrophobic means the one which pushes water away or repels. Along with getting them waterproof so they tend not to get dried off readily those two triglycerides, thus, will lock in moisture in your lips.
There are not any special steps associated with applying mango butter to your own dehydrated chapped lips. As you'd make use of a lip balm, you should just put it to use. You could use mango oil which is an oil fraction obtained through the processing of mango butter.
8. Aloe Vera gel for Chapped Lips
You might think of utilizing aloe vera gel on your chapped lips because of the hygroscopic property in the event you always need to stay out in brutal weather conditions. This property makes aloe gel effective at holding and attracting water atoms in the surrounding environment. So, when aloe gel will be applied by you to your own chapped lips that are dry, it's going to make by absorbing the moisture from near them damp.
Methods to Make Use Of Aloe Vera Gel on Lips
- A part of aloe vera leaf opens and take its fresh gel out. Apply this for your lips.
- You could even purchase pure aloe vera gel but be sure it doesnt include any substance.
- You may even combine olive oil and aloe vera gel and apply this for your lips.
- Make an aloe vera lip balm by adding few drops of vitamin E oil with a 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Apply this for your chapped lips many times a day.
- As aloe vera is an excellent carrier for essential oils, you can combine it to make your lips smooth and soft. Rose hip oil is one such essential oil which is our treatment that is next also!
9. Rose hip Seed Oil for Chapped Lips
Rose hip seed oil is generally considered an anti aging essential oil as it will help in creating collagen and elastin that make our skin remain younger and solid. It makes them soft but can turn them pink by helping create newer skin there when you apply this oil in your dry or chapped lips. It protects from sun rays damage and also reduces scars.
The best way to Make Use Of Rose Hip Oil on Lips?
- Rose hip seed oil – 1-2 drops
- Coconut oil – 1/2 – 1 teaspoon
- This may be also applied by you as your night time lip balm!
- Apply this for your lips many times a day.
- You can combine then apply to your own chapped lips and rose hip oil or could use another carrier oil.
- Join the essential oil and blend well.
10. Sugar Scrub for Chapped Lips
Sugar, when consumed, may cause you to gain weight but when applied on lips or skin, may give ultra soft smoothness to you that youll want feel to touch and have! Exactly why is sugar beneficial to skin care? Is an all-natural humectant. It hydrates your skin at the same time as locks in the moisture to your skin and draws moisture in the nearby environment. And why is sugar a scrubbing agent that is good? As it's also because its little particles and among the natural resources of glycolic acid allow it to be appropriate for exfoliating skin that is chapped, dehydrated, cracked or rough. Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) having the capacity to penetrate your skin and ruin the bonds within skin cells. This makes poorer and dead skin cells fall off giving way. When using sugar scrub for sensitive skin like that of lips, you need to favor using brown sugar as it is not going to damage your sensitive skin while exfoliating the dead cells and is softer than granulated sugar.
1st Method to Produce Sugar Scrub for Chapped Lips: Honey-Sugar-Scrub
- Warm water
- Sugar, rather brownish – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 2 teaspoons
- Combine sugar and honey.
- Rub the sugar honey concoction in your lips lightly with fingers.
- Apply this for your chapped lips.
- Try this for about a minute.
- Allow it to sit there for several minutes.
- Wash off with hot water.
2nd Method to Produce Sugar Scrub for Chapped Lips: Olive oil-Honey-Sugar-Scrub
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Combine them to create a spread that is gritty.
- Lightly rub on it upon your lips for around a minute.
- Leave it there for about 2 minutes after rubbing.
- Keep the remaining scrub in a little container for next use.
- Combine all of the ingredients – sugar, honey and oil.
- Apply this mix to your own lips.
- Wash off with hot water.
11. Rose Petals Treatment for Chapped Lips
Rose is among the earliest fixings useful for its own troubles and skin, actually, more to boost the best thing about skin! This is an herb that is suited to many skin types, particularly fro dry and aging skin. Rose petals have natural oils that could lock in moisture in your skin providing you with relief from dryness and of course chapped and cracked skin. Rose petals even have astringent properties that are natural having a toning effect on the capillaries underneath your skin surface. It's therefore effective at reducing the redness due to enlarged capillaries that will be shown off as inflammation. Its vitamin C and antioxidants protect you from the damage due to sun rays also. If you would like soft pink lips that were rosy, use rose petals in one of these manners.
1st Method to make use of Rose Petals for Chapped Lips: Milk-Rose Lip Mask
- Rose petals – a smattering
- Milk – enough to soak rose petals
- Leave it there for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day. Before sleeping through the night, additionally try this.
- Wash off.
- Soak them in milk for 2-3 hours.
- Wash the rose petals completely.
- Mash the petals combined with the milk. Youll get a heavy paste.
- Apply this paste in your lips.
In the event you are sensitive to cannot use milk and dairy products, see the steps with rose petals to create lip mask for the chapped lips.
2nd Method to make use of Rose Petals for Chapped Lips: Honey-Rose Lip Mask
- Honey – 1-2 tablespoons
- Water – 1-2 tablespoons
- Rose petals – 8-10
- Leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Add honey for this.
- Blend well and apply this for your lips.
- Repeat 3-4 times a day.
- Mash the petals
- Wash off with water.
- Soak the rose petals in water for 2-3 hours.
12. Apply Mustard Oil to Navel – Ayurvedic Treatment for Chapped Lips
This may be a bit embarrassing to you but its an age old practice in India. Not only mustard oil but ghee (clarified butter) and a number of other medications can also be administered to the body through navel or the belly button, particularly to little kids. Exactly why is the question? It's the navel just if you are still not born through which you get all of your nutrients as well as in your mothers womb! Simply remember this info that is vital and let go all of your uncertainties. Rubbing on mustard oil in your navel is not going to do any damage except staining your clothing a little that also if you are not cautious enough. Mustard oil has great levels of Omega Alpha – Omega Alpha and 3 – 6 fatty acids as well as antioxidants and vitamin E that make it an excellent moisturizing agent for the chapped lips. But since it's a bit powerful, its better to not apply it on to your own lips. Simply dab on a small mustard oil in your before going to sleep through the nighttime after washing and navel. Use it just during the nighttime in the event you cant manage it after washing. As you'll undoubtedly find the outcomes in several days in the kind of soft supple lips, and be patient.
Some Suggestions to Prevent and Treat Chapped Lips
- In the event you are a girl caring of utilizing lipsticks, try using chemical free lip products as these materials that are dangerous also make your lips dry and split. Its better to make use of moisturizer. Additionally let your lips by not placing lipstick all the times respire. Don't forget to clean your lips off during the night prior to going to bed, and apply a moisturizer.
- Above all, avoid licking your lips together with your tongue. Wetting the lips regularly make your lips go dry, dim and chapped.
- Occasionally dry chapped lips are also caused by insufficiency of vitamin A in the body. Contain vitamin A rich foods in your diet like carrots, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, legumes, whole grains etc. to fight off dryness from within your body.
- Along with using home treatments for chapped lips, make sure to drink a tons of water through the day. Dehydration is among the reasons for chapped and dry lips. It will help heal skinned and flaky lips when you keep the body hydrated by drinking enough water.